Thursday, December 5, 2013

Tis' the season!



Happy Holidays!

I hope that this blog finds you all doing well! Things have been CRAZY at our home. The day before Thanksgiving I decided to chop off my thumb (not really) I was slicing potatoes and well lets say the blade one and I lost! After a quick trip to urgent care I was back home. All it took was four little stitches in my thumb. :(

It's no secret to those who know me that I am not a good patient. I like being able to tend to myself and my family without much help. However, the lack of a thumb on my right hand made a lot of things hard/impossible to do. Thankfully the stiches came out today and with any luck I will be back to 100% very soon.

I am over the moon excited for Christmas! I can't wait to really start decorating and this weekend we are going to bundle up (it's going to be about 28 degrees out) and cut down our tree! My son is soooo excited about our little outing! The trip will be followed up with our little towns annual Christmas parade and tree lighting!

This year instead of buying all my gifts for my sweet husband I wanted to make him something really special. I cam across a very cool idea on another blog that was done a few years ago. I tweaked it a little to make it more personalized, but after that my "25 Days of Love" was born. I presented me husband with an envelope early December 1st telling him that Christmas was in the air and with it came a special gift from me.

Now every morning he can wake to pull off a special little note from me telling him what it is I love about him. Eight years together, two kids, and the craziness of the day to day can leave a lot unsaid or not said enough. What better time then Christmas to remind him why I am the luckiest person to be married to him?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Until next time,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment