Monday, November 4, 2013

A little kindness can grow into a ton!


I've noticed that most of us are busy people. We are always rushing around to get things done like our lives depend on it. Maybe our lives do depend on something, but far too often we let our tunnel vision block out the little things we can do to make our lives a little better.

Yesterday while coming out of the grocery store I was loading the kids in the car. My son really wanted to help load the groceries into the car. Since both kids were in a great mood I decided to take the time and let the little guy help me.

While loading up one of the store employees came out to collect the carts. She gathered all of them from the cart return and pushed her long line of carts up to my car. I told her that I could bring it up after we were done, but she wanted to wait. My little guy who has to stand on his tip toes just to reach the tip top of the grocery bag handle was doing his best, but moving a little slow. Once he was all done the lady gathered up the cart and knelt down to my son. She presented him with a sticker for doing such a great job helping mommy.

My little four year old son was so proud. Her simple act of kindness was not lost on my little guy. It was the highlight of his day. He talked about how nice it was of her to give him a sticker. She could have easily pushed the carts past us, but she waited. She not only waited, but treated him for a job well done.

It was something so simple, but meant so much. Hopefully we all can take a little time to pass a little kindness around this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment