Monday, November 11, 2013

Stopping to smell the roses




If you are at all like me you go day to day without really putting much thought to how it is that we get to live the lives that we do. I admit that as a country we have our faults and that we are far from perfect. With that being said I think we need to offer up far more thanks to those who leave the comforts of their home and their loved ones to allow us the lives that we live every day.

Sadly I don't think much about the effort or cost it takes to allow me the freedoms that we have. It's not until I see the news that I glimpse the toll of it all. When sadness hits that someone is mourning the loss of a fallen soldier or families that have to put away the "Welcome Home" banners because their loved one has been put on extended duties.

To all those who face the truth and reality every day I want to thank you! It's because of your sacrifice that so many of us get to live in our bubble of peace and happiness. Thank you for my bubble! Thank you for your service and selflessness! Thank you to the families who deal with a empty seat at the dinner table so I don't have to. To those who have lost their loved ones I'm so sorry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment