Monday, September 9, 2013

"I can do this!" - The drive of a toddler

 
 
I never knew that you could learn so much from someone who has been on this earth for such a short time. This three year old little guy has showed me time and time again that sometimes we just have to be brave and cheer ourselves on! The photo above is an example of that.
 
My son has always loved trains. On the way to the boat show we parked in a field near a parked train car. He was so excited to go and see it, until we told him to go alone. Train cars aren't small. They are large, very large to a little guy! The whole time he was walking towards it he kept saying "I can do this." He said it over and over! Once he finally got to the car he turned around a shouted "I did it! I was brave!" and then took off running back to us.
 
I admit I was a proud momma to watch him do something he so badly wanted to do, but was also afraid to do! Life's fears tend to hold us back and it seems the older we get the more we let that fear hold us back. We like our bubble of familiarity!
 
My kids made me want to step out of my bubble. I've tried to become as brave and self motivating as my three year old. It's not an easy task (LOL), but I keep trucking along. I never thought my drive would come from my little's, but I am so blessed that is has!
 
 
"I can do this! I will be brave!" ~ K.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment