Monday, October 28, 2013

Embrace it!



As women it's been no secret that we have had to fight for our rights. Many strong women before us fought for us to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the opposite sex. They fought for us to be able to become the CEO of a multi million dollar company and still show up to work with spit up on the collar of our tailor made suite.

Many women strive to do it ALL! We want to be the wife, the mother, the best friend, and the corporate panther. We want to take our worlds by storm. I'm all for this. I love that I have the option to work and climb the corporate ladder as well as have a family.

With that being said I wanted to touch on something. I am a SAHM. That's what I do. I left my job with my lovely little desk and window view of the large oak trees. I made the choice to be a full time mother. I find no shame in it. I don't feel that I have failed by not doing it all. I find it sad and a little upsetting that far too many stay at home moms feel that they are being negatively judge by being a mother who tends to her children full time.

"Is that all you do?"

Yes! That's all that I do! I play games, color, laugh, sometimes want to cry (lol), cook, clean, pay the bills, strive to concur the never ending pile of laundry and anything else that needs to be done for my family. I choose not to work outside my family. I just want to be mom. I have no shame. Some day I will return to work and I'm excited about that.

Please don't feel guilt over your choices. We all strive to do what is best for our family. It doesn't matter if you stay home or work. We are all mothers trying our best. If you have a negative view one way or the other please keep your judgments to yourself. Pass along a little encouragement for the choices we make as parents.

Happy with my choice!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment