Monday, October 14, 2013

The truth is...




When it comes to people criticizing your marriage, your children, or your personal self we have to remind ourselves that it's not our problem. When others look down on you for bottle feeding instead of nursing, putting your little one in a booster sooner then they think is right, or spout out snide remarks about meeting the girls for happy hour while your husband "babysits" the kids. *FYI I do not feel that fathers are "babysitters", at least not mine. He's Pappa and that makes him as equal as myself when it comes to raising and caring. I don't pay him $5 an hour to watch the kids. :)

We have to remember that everyone has an opinion and sadly far too many strangers feel the need to share them. It took me awhile to build my tough skin and a wife and mother. I didn't like the negative comments and often took them to heart. I wanted to be the best partner and the very best mommy. In the beginning I would always second question my actions because of other peoples comments.

About six months into my new role as a mommy it dawned on me that I didn't give a flipping rats rear what others thought of me. I AM a good mom! I AM a good wife. I may not do things in the way that others do, but for the most part it's the perfect way for my family! I know that I do a great or dare I say almost "perfect" job for my family. Yes there is a lot of trial and error. I stumble and sometimes really screw up, but everything I do for my family is with the very best of intentions.

I research the latest information. I chat with my other mommy friends about new, better methods. Bottom line I do what I can to make the best choices. At the end of the day I feel comfortable with my choices. I do what works best for the family.

At the end of the day it's your problem if you don't like how I am. I know that I am doing the right thing for my family. My family showers me with hugs and kisses and "I love you". So, next time negative comments and judgment are showered on you just remember that it's not you, but them with the problem!

Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment