Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Seeing the positive side

 
 
If you're anything like me you often think of the negative side of your role. The things you wish you handled better, the extra patience you with you had shown, the moments you lose your cool, or the moments you simply make an error. All this things can weigh a mom down.
 
I've come to notice (thanks to my amazing husband) that most of flaws as a mother are nothing in the eyes of my kids. Even on my worst days I am still showered with hugs and kisses. They are quick to forgive me and often times don't bat an eye at my mistakes or flaws.
 
I want to give my children the very best! I want them to have the very best mom and I truly do try my very best. I've noticed that my efforts often time seem to pay off. That it's only me who remembers the mistakes. It's only me that beats myself up over them.
 
Our babies love us. They remember the simple moments. The moments that we give them our full attention and our time. I can spend all day being pulled in a million directions. Everyone is content, but no one is as happy as when I take just a few minutes here and there to dedicate to the kids. I've come to realize that it's the ten minutes I took to color a picture or the three minutes it took for my son to tell me some story that he made up that has the long lasting effect. Nothing has been more rewarding then to hear my son tell his dad about the cool day he had with mom or to watch my daughter try and show him something that I taught her.
 
 
Life is about the little moments. It's the little things that count, so next time you have a not so pretty mom moment remember that you are still the person that makes the world go round in their world. They love you despite your flaws. Maybe the only thing we really need to work on is forgiving ourselves for our flaws and embracing our positives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment