Friday, October 18, 2013

Four years ago....


at 12:03 PM I became the mother of a 9lb 6oz baby boy! From that day on I have fallen more and more in love with this little guy. His transformation from baby to little boy has been nothing more then amazing! Being a mother proved to be harder then I could ever imagine, but it has been the most amazing experience! I feel so blessed to have this little guy in my world. There hasn't been a day that I haven't laughed with him, hugged him good morning, or showered him with goodnight kisses.



Over the past four years I can honestly say that not only have I grown as a mother, but I have grown as a person. Kai has helped me become a better version of myself. I have learned that I don't have to be perfect. I've learned to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. I laugh more, dance more, and tell silly jokes more. I take time to give a hug or kiss. I take the time to say "I love you". I spend far more time in the present. I have seen how fast time passes and learned to cherish the time I had, am having, and will have.



I love being a mom. I admit that sometimes it's still surreal that I am "Mom" and that I have kids. With all the long hours, endless energy that these sweet babies have, and constant drive to do my best I often end the night exhausted, but so excited for the next day. You never know what each day will be with these little ones, but it's likely it will include laughter, the desire to bang your head on the wall, and a lesson learned by both parties.

It's been an amazing four years and I can't wait to see what the next four years will bring! Now it's time to go make some birthday pancakes with green sprinkles and open his morning gift! My little guy went from Mickey Mouse, to Thomas the train, and his love this year is Power Rangers. He is such a little boy! :)

Happy Birthday Kai!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment