Friday, October 11, 2013

Guilty Pleasure Friday #5

Happy Friday!

I made these last Saturday morning. To put it simply the family LOVED these. My three year old said "when it comes to donuts mom's got it." My daughter kept asking for more "pleeeesssee", and my sweet husband asked why there wasn't more. On Sunday my husband lets me sleep in. Most morning when I come down Mia (my 19 month old daughter) usually greats me with a happy "mama" and runs to hug me. Yeah, last Sunday she came up to me, grabbed my hand and lead to the kitchen for treats! No happy Mama morning hugs :(

Enjoy!


*I cooked these in Coconut oil and added nutmeg to the cinnamon and sugar that I rolled them in.

Doughnut Holes
By: girlversusdough

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1  egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp melted butter
  • vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup sugar (for the topping) (optional)
  • 3 tbsp cinnamon (for the topping) (optional)
  • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (for the topping) (optional)
Directions
  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add in milk, egg, and melted butter, and mix until well combined.
  2. Fill a large skillet or medium pot with vegetable oil, about 2 inches deep. Using a fry thermometer, heat oil to about 375 degrees F. Make sure it stays around that temperature each time you fry the dough.
  3. Place cinnamon-sugar (mixed together) and confectioners sugar toppings in two separate small bowls. Set out several stacked paper towels next to the stove for drying the doughnut holes, along with a cooling rack with parchment paper underneath.
  4. When oil is ready, place about 5-6 teaspoonfuls of dough at a time in the oil and fry on each side for about 1 minute (2 minutes total). Remove from the oil and place on paper towel to soak up excess oil. Then, using a fork, roll doughnut in either the confectioners sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture. Then place on cooling rack to cool slightly before serving warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment